top of page

What Kind of Lab Work Do You Need?

FAQ: What Kind of Lab Work Do You Need?

Patients often ask us what type of lab work they need. Sometimes you'll go to your normal doctor and they will do different types of blood work, yet those may not be the labs that we always recommend to help you achieve optimal wellness.

HTCA Lab Work Recommendations That We Give Our Patients:

  • CDC Complete Blood Count

  • CMP Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (that also has lipid profiles in it)

  • Hormone Studies - usually Estradiol and Testosterone levels

  • FSH Follicle Stimulating Hormone levels (in females)

  • PSA Prostate Specific Antigen levels (in males)

  • TSH Test for Thyroid Dysfunction - Thyroid Stimulating Hormone

  • Free T3

  • Reverse T3

  • TPO Antibodies

  • Vitamin D Levels

  • B12

  • Ferritin

It's always recommended that females have a recent pap smear and a recent mammogram within the last year. The purpose of doing this comprehensive metabolic profile, is so that we, after taking history and physical examination on you, we can come up with an individualized mode of therapy for you.

hormone therapy labs

Journey to Better Hormonal Health

As you start on your hormone therapy journey, armed with a better understanding of the essential lab work required, remember that knowledge is power. By collaborating closely with your HTCA healthcare provider and interpreting your lab results in the context of your unique health history and symptoms, you and your medical provider can chart a course towards optimal hormone balance and well-being. Now is a great day to get started!


bottom of page